Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time*

Go down 
+4
NickyNick
Shirdel
SiD
DarkOne
8 posters

What do you think of Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time*
1/10
Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time* Vote_lcap20%Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time* Vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
2/10
Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time* Vote_lcap0%Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time* Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
3/10
Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time* Vote_lcap0%Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time* Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
4/10
 0% [ 0 ]
5/10
 0% [ 0 ]
6/10
 0% [ 0 ]
7/10
Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time* Vote_lcap20%Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time* Vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
8/10
Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time* Vote_lcap10%Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time* Vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
9/10
 20% [ 2 ]
10/10
Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time* Vote_lcap30%Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time* Vote_rcap
 30% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
DarkOne
Hysteria Cup Winner
Hysteria Cup Winner

Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2008-02-15

Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time* Empty
PostSubject: Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time*   Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time* EmptyMon May 19, 2008 3:27 am

http://www.finepointmedia.net/hwd/detail.asp?iType=&iPic=1161

If you don't like this map, you don't like roperacing Smile Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
SiD
Cup Moderator
Cup Moderator
SiD

Male
Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time*   Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time* EmptyMon May 19, 2008 2:02 pm

whoa.. good effort!

cant wait to try it
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Hysteria Cup Winner
Hysteria Cup Winner

PostSubject: Re: Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time*   Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time* EmptyMon May 19, 2008 2:53 pm

It's so good, I got one vote for 1/10 so far Laughing
Back to top Go down
Shirdel
Tourney Veteran
Tourney Veteran
Shirdel

Male
Number of posts : 338
Job/hobbies : W:A, who doesn't like W:A?
Humor : go to www.nanacide.com/wrostshotever. Download everything.
Registration date : 2008-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time*   Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time* EmptyMon May 19, 2008 3:53 pm

Please kindly don't do this without my permission. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://s-w-zone.phpbb3now.com
NickyNick
Tourney Veteran
Tourney Veteran
NickyNick

Male
Number of posts : 163
Job/hobbies : student / programming, table tennis, girls
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time*   Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time* EmptyMon May 19, 2008 4:12 pm

It's good but I can't find start ^^
edit: lol, did it. It cost me 5 minutes xD
Back to top Go down
http://pml27.ucoz.ru
GreeN
Cup Moderator
Cup Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 199
Humor : None
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time*   Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time* EmptyMon May 19, 2008 4:52 pm

I tried this last night, and I have to say that you have done an excellent job with the sprites! The layout is also very fun and considerably challenging to rope on. My interest in the map only turned when it came to the actual game idea. I have to say that you've been rather ambitious in your efforts here, and it would not surprise me if the complexity itself lead to limiting the players that may adapt this new game type. Though that's not to say it is hard to understand, as you have explained the gameplay very well. My main concern would lie in the fact that first timers will obviously have a much harder time working through the map, as opposed to someone who had tried it even once before. This would be a very nice addition to TCB, but I can't see it being amazingly popular otherwise. This is a shame because one glance at this map shows the immense effort that you have put into it, which you have very rightly stated people should be trying to do in these days, where new maps are appearing left, right and center.

Regarding everything I have commented on, I will base my personal score on the effort shown and thought that was put into the gameplay. It is highly original and very challenging for a first timer, but most importantly, it has the potential to be very fun. I give it an 8/10 Smile
Back to top Go down
Big Billy
Site Admin
Site Admin
Big Billy

Male
Number of posts : 239
Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time*   Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time* EmptyMon May 19, 2008 5:53 pm

oooooooooooooh myyyyyyyyy go(ooooooo)d.

/me flies this map today Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.anti-ketzer.de
DarkOne
Hysteria Cup Winner
Hysteria Cup Winner

PostSubject: Re: Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time*   Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time* EmptyMon May 19, 2008 5:56 pm

bl, nicky! I put the start in the centre for easy finding, but perhaps the text was too small Smile
The complexity isn't all that high for people actually willing to think along as I'm sure you found yourself Smile It makes perfect sense to start at section one, and then move on to number 2 Smile Perhaps I could've added some instructions on the map, but I think I've done enough editing Laughing
So far I've only seen Unique not being able to find his way around, but he didn't really seem all that interested in trying to finish the map the proper way anyway.
The map is not meant for first timers as there are plenty of maps around for them. There's really not much point in making yet another map that's good for beginners, since there are already way more of those than any sane person can play!

This is for people that are fed up with standard maps and looking for something fresh Smile
All sorts of roping tricks are required and I urge you to try to inlaw when you're at the outside of the map and you have to go down! 60 degrees is perfect for both fast climbing and fast descending Smile

Thanks for the review there, GreeN! I'll do easier map in the future Smile (mainly cause this was so time consuming!)
Back to top Go down
NickyNick
Tourney Veteran
Tourney Veteran
NickyNick

Male
Number of posts : 163
Job/hobbies : student / programming, table tennis, girls
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time*   Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time* EmptyMon May 19, 2008 7:00 pm

DarkOne wrote:
bl, nicky! I put the start in the centre for easy finding, but perhaps the text was too small Smile
Nah, I just watched it in ACDSee not in WA Wink
Great map, just played it ^^
Back to top Go down
http://pml27.ucoz.ru
GreeN
Cup Moderator
Cup Moderator

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time*   Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time* EmptyMon May 19, 2008 8:05 pm

Apologies, excuse my phrasing. By "first timer" I am referring to someone playing your map for the first time :p
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Hysteria Cup Winner
Hysteria Cup Winner

PostSubject: Re: Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time*   Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time* EmptyTue May 20, 2008 1:11 pm

Ah Smile that's possible Smile
The people I tested this map with had no problems keeping to the rules, though Smile
Back to top Go down
Shirdel
Tourney Veteran
Tourney Veteran
Shirdel

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time*   Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time* EmptyTue May 20, 2008 1:55 pm

DarkOne, please DON'T ignore me. You copied something of mine without permission. I was ok with it, but when I reminded you, you simply ignored me, and now I'm a bit peed off about it. Mad
Back to top Go down
GreeN
Cup Moderator
Cup Moderator

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time*   Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time* EmptyTue May 20, 2008 3:10 pm

It doesn't take alot to "pee" you off, Shirdel

And I don't recall you posting a copyright disclaimer on any of your last attempts with this type of pole flower
Back to top Go down
Wyv
Tourney Fan
Tourney Fan
Wyv

Male
Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time*   Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time* EmptyTue May 20, 2008 3:55 pm

Little kids don't like having their toys taken away by someone else =/
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Hysteria Cup Winner
Hysteria Cup Winner

PostSubject: Re: Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time*   Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time* EmptyTue May 20, 2008 5:48 pm

strange, Shirdel, it didn't seem to be a problem when you ignored my advice Wink The other way around is much different?

Anyway, what exactly did you want me to do then? delete the thread?
Wyv, I didn't see any harm since he wasn't using his toy anyway Smile when was the last one?
Back to top Go down
Shirdel
Tourney Veteran
Tourney Veteran
Shirdel

Male

PostSubject: Re: Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time*   Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time* EmptyTue May 20, 2008 9:25 pm

No, it's ok, I would've just prefered it if you asked me first. It's not nice otherwise. I mean, if I stole something you made, you wouldn't be happy, would you? You can take the series over if you like. Just don't forget to cahnge the name Razz
Back to top Go down
DarkOne
Hysteria Cup Winner
Hysteria Cup Winner

PostSubject: Re: Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time*   Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time* EmptyTue May 20, 2008 11:55 pm

stole what? Shocked I called it Shirdel's pick!
if I were to properly steal something, I'd first off remove the name of the actual creator Laughing Don't really know what you could successfully steal from me though Smile
The people I care about know which things I've made.

edit: woohoo! My second hate-vote! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
root
Bungee / T17 Cups Winner
Bungee / T17 Cups Winner
root

Male
Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time*   Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time* EmptyWed May 21, 2008 12:01 am

DarkOne wrote:

edit: woohoo! My second hate-vote! Very Happy
DarkOne: you either love him or hate him cheers
edit: Wait this poll wasn't about you, but rather your map. I need to change that 1 vote..
jokes!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time*   Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time* Empty

Back to top Go down

Shirdel's pick of the *fill in random unit of time*
Page 1 of 1