Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

!put passwords for usernames in WN, please...

Go down 
+9
Vandral
monkeyisland
Rioter
NickyNick
WookA
Komo
ShyGuy
root
Ramone
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Ramone
Tourney Fan
Tourney Fan
Ramone

Male
Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-03-01

!put passwords for usernames in WN, please... Empty
PostSubject: !put passwords for usernames in WN, please...   !put passwords for usernames in WN, please... EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 4:07 am

Ok, my first topic in TuT...
I am annoyed, lots of ppl are annoyed by annoyers, fakers and aliases bitchin around...
It's happening often... and I'm sick of it... Today before BnG tourney in WO started, there was a guy (faker/annoyer) who shout out crap and shit to ppl... annoying Komo & Face mostly.. (komo u should ignore that bastard and play our game, not to argue with nerd...xD ) anyway, tonigt there was a 'Ramone' in AG sayin bullshits...
that guy is reading this now, I'm sure... and he wont post his demand or opinion not to reveal himself... but it sux man... U are putting bad spice into all this.. into Worms game community... it's a wicked thing..
so... to cut story off,
it's ridiculous... any1 can be any1... same thing happens on tourneys...
I think passwords for usernames in WN would quite reduce this problem...
any1 agree?
can someone ask someone to do that?
petition maybe?

Last edited by Ramone on Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
root
Bungee / T17 Cups Winner
Bungee / T17 Cups Winner
root

Male
Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: !put passwords for usernames in WN, please...   !put passwords for usernames in WN, please... EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 6:10 am

Hey Ramone! We've gone this long without passwords, yes it can be problematic but imagine what will happen if passwords were implemented. The same jerk who is using your name will take a list of all wormers and register their names. Sad Then many many players will never be able to use their wn nicks again.. it can not work.
Back to top Go down
ShyGuy
Tourney Addict
Tourney Addict

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: !put passwords for usernames in WN, please...   !put passwords for usernames in WN, please... EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 6:35 am

lol Yangst!
Back to top Go down
Ramone
Tourney Fan
Tourney Fan
Ramone

Male

PostSubject: Re: !put passwords for usernames in WN, please...   !put passwords for usernames in WN, please... EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 12:32 pm

root wrote:
The same jerk who is using your name will take a list of all wormers and register their names. Sad Then many many players will never be able to use their wn nicks again.. it can not work.
humm..?
what do U mean? No one can register same name twice... everyone would have their own pass/nick and problem would be reduced... like it's funcionating here on TuT or any other site or mail account or anything... I say it can work... there's a way for everyone to register the nick they want to... it's a little job to do, but.. few admins could handle it in short time imo... that way U couldn't have 1 jerk having 5 nicks in the same time in AG and change those 5 nicks several times in a day...

ShyGuy wrote:
lol Yangst!
ye there was that 'Yangst' guy before yesterdays BnG...
personaly I am not bothered with this kinda jerks that comes on the channel and shout out trash and insult ppl (lol like f4st nerd)... I dont pay attention to them, ignore them and dont care for their foolishness... but I am bothered when I play a tourney match (for example) with U ShyGuy, and after I realise it's not U, but it was someone else with same nick as yours... it's manipulation... it's ridiculous, who's competeng who?
Back to top Go down
Komo
Trusted Mod
Trusted Mod

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2008-04-18

PostSubject: Re: !put passwords for usernames in WN, please...   !put passwords for usernames in WN, please... EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 6:58 pm

the guy wasn't annoying me, people like that seem to forget they arent the 1st to alias and fake someone, im not the 13 year old i used to be when i first started playing this, it doesnt annoy me anymore, they are just like Junkies, at first they piss you off and annoy you but sooner than later youre like "ah so what..."
Back to top Go down
Ramone
Tourney Fan
Tourney Fan
Ramone

Male

PostSubject: Re: !put passwords for usernames in WN, please...   !put passwords for usernames in WN, please... EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 7:08 pm

ye, I feel like that too, I've already told: I dont pay attention to them, ignore them and dont care for their foolishness...
I'm pointing at different thing - I can log on WN as dt-Komo'sw and talk racist shits for example and insult ppl on WN, or even play a tourney as dt-Komo'sw.. u know what I mean... ppl do that stuff actualy, and my point it - let's reduce that if we can't ban it for good...
passwords for usernames in WN would have solve this problem a lot...
Back to top Go down
Komo
Trusted Mod
Trusted Mod

PostSubject: Re: !put passwords for usernames in WN, please...   !put passwords for usernames in WN, please... EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 7:11 pm

if people alias as me i dont care, its just a game so who cares lol
Back to top Go down
WookA
TTRR Cup Winner
TTRR Cup Winner

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: !put passwords for usernames in WN, please...   !put passwords for usernames in WN, please... EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 7:50 pm

yay im gonna change my name to komo Razz i think that if passwords were required it just gives people another thing to fuck with, we already have a bunch of assholes who wanna hack everybody in the worms community...if people alias as you just act like you dont even realize their doing it..they will get bored and go try to bother someone else
Back to top Go down
NickyNick
Tourney Veteran
Tourney Veteran
NickyNick

Male
Number of posts : 163
Job/hobbies : student / programming, table tennis, girls
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: !put passwords for usernames in WN, please...   !put passwords for usernames in WN, please... EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 8:43 pm

WookA wrote:
we already have a bunch of assholes who wanna hack everybody in the worms community
Razz

My opinion, passwords are required.
Back to top Go down
http://pml27.ucoz.ru
Rioter
WebMaster
WebMaster
Rioter

Male
Number of posts : 242
Job/hobbies : Web Designer / Student
Humor : Somewhat funny!
Registration date : 2008-01-08

PostSubject: Re: !put passwords for usernames in WN, please...   !put passwords for usernames in WN, please... EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 8:50 pm

It would be a good idea to have protected nicks - limit it to one nick per IP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.r1ot3r.co.nr
Ramone
Tourney Fan
Tourney Fan
Ramone

Male

PostSubject: Re: !put passwords for usernames in WN, please...   !put passwords for usernames in WN, please... EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 8:58 pm

Komo wrote:
if people alias as me i dont care, its just a game so who cares lol

I care. not for me personaly, I'm tellin u 3rd
time that I ignore and dont care about aliases... same as u do.. but if
any1 can be any1 it affects tourneys and all competitions, and doesnt
every1 likes to play clean games... I'm just suggesting how to improve
things... how to avoid cheapness... I'd love to play this game for more
and more years... only reason I've made this topic is cause I kinda
care to keep this game rolling as better as it can...

If u dont agree with me maybe u have other suggestions?
dont tell me I'm Don Quijote here Neutral
Back to top Go down
monkeyisland

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-02-08

PostSubject: Re: !put passwords for usernames in WN, please...   !put passwords for usernames in WN, please... EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 9:50 pm

i agree with the whole thing.

I gotta say "its not just a game" for many people.

IMO everything you have passion for, whether it is "just a game" or a lollypop!, is serious enough to think about it and talk about it.

to me having skills to play worms is an Art! and i care enough about art Smile

I'm sure you already know a lot of people in worm , whhich this game has become some part of their lives, So why not giving more attention to it?
Back to top Go down
Vandral
Season Winner
Vandral

Male
Number of posts : 144
Humor : https://www.youtube.com/user/simonscat
Registration date : 2007-12-26

PostSubject: Re: !put passwords for usernames in WN, please...   !put passwords for usernames in WN, please... EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 10:34 pm

wasnt that the way how the old system with passwords and ranks worked?
it has been lifted for some reason, if u ask me.
Back to top Go down
Darkmaul
TuT Founder
TuT Founder
Darkmaul

Male
Number of posts : 675
Humor : aauhuahauahau

PostSubject: Re: !put passwords for usernames in WN, please...   !put passwords for usernames in WN, please... EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 11:21 pm

You should post this request on t17 forum imo
but yes if each users could've his account could be good
Back to top Go down
https://tourney.rpg-board.net/
ShyGuy
Tourney Addict
Tourney Addict

PostSubject: Re: !put passwords for usernames in WN, please...   !put passwords for usernames in WN, please... EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 11:48 pm

What about people who move to different clans? How would they change then?

I vote no.
Back to top Go down
Ramone
Tourney Fan
Tourney Fan
Ramone

Male

PostSubject: Re: !put passwords for usernames in WN, please...   !put passwords for usernames in WN, please... EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 1:21 am

ShyGuy wrote:
What about people who move to different clans? How would they change then?

I vote no.

very easy, u can change ur nick anytime (in ur profile), but still would have 1 ip ^^
ye, it would be a bit of problem to be in 4 clans at the same time, but...

anyway, voting isn't opened yet...
I hope soon may be...
Back to top Go down
ShyGuy
Tourney Addict
Tourney Addict

PostSubject: Re: !put passwords for usernames in WN, please...   !put passwords for usernames in WN, please... EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 2:51 am

if we could change our nick anytime in our profile, couldn't we just alias?
Back to top Go down
monkeyisland

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-02-08

PostSubject: Re: !put passwords for usernames in WN, please...   !put passwords for usernames in WN, please... EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 9:19 am

lol If and only if t17 accept to do such thing, then they can think about these little problems.

why you put clan tag in the nick anyway? they can put a field "Clan". then it stick the clan tag to the nick. so that everytime you wanted to change clan , you edit this field not the whole nick.
Back to top Go down
Darkmaul
TuT Founder
TuT Founder
Darkmaul

Male
Number of posts : 675
Humor : aauhuahauahau

PostSubject: Re: !put passwords for usernames in WN, please...   !put passwords for usernames in WN, please... EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 1:28 pm

You can do like on battlefield , you have your account and there is a place to put a tag or not
Back to top Go down
https://tourney.rpg-board.net/
Ramone
Tourney Fan
Tourney Fan
Ramone

Male

PostSubject: Re: !put passwords for usernames in WN, please...   !put passwords for usernames in WN, please... EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 2:05 pm

ye, it's a little problem with clan tags that can be solved easily...

anyway,
Darkmaul wrote:
You should post this request on t17 forum imo

ye, I agree but... who am I in this community to request that, I wonder if anyone would even bother to read that in t17 forums... I tought it would be better if someone with legitimity, maybe some "long time" player who knows someone from t17 should ask for such things...
but again, if no one wants to do it, I'll post it in t17 forums...

so,
Ramone wrote:

can someone ask someone to do that?
Back to top Go down
Komo
Trusted Mod
Trusted Mod

PostSubject: Re: !put passwords for usernames in WN, please...   !put passwords for usernames in WN, please... EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 2:18 pm

i still don't see the point, make passwords, it gets hacked, they take it away again...

i'd like to have it though, but it wont work...
Back to top Go down
GreeN
Cup Moderator
Cup Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 199
Humor : None
Registration date : 2008-01-13

PostSubject: Re: !put passwords for usernames in WN, please...   !put passwords for usernames in WN, please... EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 4:12 pm

The main problem I can see is that people will still have the ability to register someone else's nickname when they first sign up (If that player has not registered their own name already). In which case, people will lose their nicknames and have no proof that they were the previous owners of it.

The second problem is that at least 50% of the community will have a dynamic IP address, meaning that "One nick per IP" will not be a completely fool proof design in the registration process.

Also, this implementation would eliminate the possibility of viewing two different channels on the server simultaneously, which could easily affect a number of tournament mods and participants. This is definitely something we do not want to promote.

To me, it seems as if passwords would cause more problems than it would solve..
Back to top Go down
Wyv
Tourney Fan
Tourney Fan
Wyv

Male
Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: !put passwords for usernames in WN, please...   !put passwords for usernames in WN, please... EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 4:16 pm

Have you guys ever seen this thread? http://forum.team17.com/showthread.php?t=3617

Also look at how old it is. And it's still going strong, in two days it'll be six years old! =)
Back to top Go down
Rok
Tourney Addict
Tourney Addict
Rok

Male
Number of posts : 134
Humor : A horse walks into a bar...
Registration date : 2007-12-30

PostSubject: Re: !put passwords for usernames in WN, please...   !put passwords for usernames in WN, please... EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 6:12 pm

Wyv wrote:
Have you guys ever seen this thread? http://forum.team17.com/showthread.php?t=3617

Also look at how old it is. And it's still going strong, in two days it'll be six years old! =)

A post made six years after the thread started:

Shirdel wrote:
I'm a bit confused about all this, but what the hey. Me.

lol!

Well, about the accounts, i personaly think the way things are atm on wormnet, it would brings more contras than pros.
Back to top Go down
Ramone
Tourney Fan
Tourney Fan
Ramone

Male

PostSubject: Re: !put passwords for usernames in WN, please...   !put passwords for usernames in WN, please... EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 6:35 pm

Wyv wrote:

aww, thx for the tip Wyv, I was assuming that some1 already brought up this idea.. n to know that.. hope they will realise it...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: !put passwords for usernames in WN, please...   !put passwords for usernames in WN, please... Empty

Back to top Go down

!put passwords for usernames in WN, please...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Chat :: General Chat-
Jump to: